Haverhill High School
Home of the Hillies!
The Mission of Haverhill High School is to produce self-directed learners who read, write, and speak effectively in Standard English and who apply analytical and technological skills to interpret information and problem solve.
Haverhill High School Summer Reading Lists 2019
Haverhill High School Newsletter June 9, 2019
This is the last official week of the 2019 -2020 school year. We will be following the Finals schedule that is located in the newsletter. Please make sure that your scholar returns any books to their appropriate teacher or library. This year we will be sending home bills for all kids in grades 9-11 that owe fees, lunch money, or materials to HHS. This was a practice that took place during senior sign out for all four years of high school, we thought kids might be able to find the items and return them if we completed this process at the end of every year.
HHS never stops and the newsletter will continue throughout the summer. There are so many happenings at HHS and we want to keep you up to date. The newsletter will come out every two weeks which will give us an opportunity to provide new content.
I hope that this year has met your expectations and know that next year will be even better!
2019 HHS Prom Timelapse Video
Discovery Club Summer Enrichment Program still has few spots available!
The program is offered to students currently in grades 5-12.
DATES AND TIMES
Monday – Thursday ✦ July 8– August 1, 2019 ✦ 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Haverhill High School
Summer program information and application is available on Discovery Club website.
Haverhill High School Graduation 2019
The weather is cooperating and graduation for the Class of 2019 is on for tonight at Trinity Stadium. We wanted to take a moment this morning to send a quick review of the schedule for this evening.
- Students arrive at 4:45 p.m. and report to the stands. Graduates will begin their walk at 5:55 p.m.
- Faculty and Administrators arrive by 5:15 p.m. and report to the scoreboard. Mr. Steinberg and Ms. Lobo will be escorting them to their seats at 5:45 p.m.
- Dignitaries arrive by 5:20 p.m. and report to the scoreboard (Gobbi Gate side). Ms. St. Clair will be escorting them to the stage at 5:40 p.m.
- Parking in and directly behind the stadium through Gobbi’s Gate is extremely limited. These spots are reserved for HHS administrators, Superintendent, Chief Academic Officers, Director of Special Education, Assistant Director of Special Education, School Committee Members, City Councilors, and State Representatives.
- For all others we encourage you to give yourself extra time for parking around the stadium.
- Handicap parking is located just outside of Gobbi’s Gate. This is available on a first-come first-serve basis. Drop off in this area is also available.
- Is reserved for our graduates, faculty and administrators dressed in their regalia. A quick reminder that high heels are not allowed on the artificial turf.
- All guests will be seated in the stands. Seating is available based on a first-come first-serve basis. Seating can accommodate 5000 guests. Guests do not need an invitation to enter the stadium. The stage has been moved closer to the bleachers and the view is spectacular!
- Seating for disabled guests is located in the first two rows of the stands. This is available on a first-come first-serve basis. Some areas have been reserved for those who need wheelchair accommodations.
- The Haverhill Public Schools will be live streaming the Class of 2019 Graduation Ceremony! Tune in to our Livestream page (link below) or watch on Facebook Live!
- HC Media will be live streaming Haverhill High School Graduation on HC Media Channel 22, as well as on their Facebook Live page. #HHS2019
Looking forward to seeing you this evening. Go Hillies!
Haverhill High School – Newsletter May 27, 2019
This week will see the Class of 2019 graduate. If you need to reserve handicap seating please contact the Haverhill High School Main Office. Please provide the secretary your name and the number of people in your party.
Summer School registration has begun. Please review summer programming documents as this year we are offering classes that will satisfy required courses such as Health and Basic Art. Check out our brochure!
Haverhill High School Secondary Summer School Program 2019
2019 HAVERHILL HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER PROGRAM
Welcome to the 2019 Summer Program of HAVERHILL HIGH SCHOOL. We offer a variety of academic courses and enrichment workshops that meet the special interests and needs of students. Programs and courses are offered for credit, enrichment, acceleration, review, or make-up. Please use the brochure for descriptions of the type and length of the courses, and feel free to contact us with any further questions. We hope you will find the Summer Program offers an opportunity for students to grow intellectually and personally. Summer learning maintains skills, takes a step beyond, and stretches the imagination. The journey begins with registration.
Haverhill High School – Newsletter 5.12.19
I hope this finds everyone well and they enjoyed their weekend. This week kicks off with an all city art show on Monday from 4-7 hosted at HHS. There are great works of art and at 6 the HHS chorus will be sharing a few pieces they have been working on.
We are extending the Biomedical offering to all current grade 9 scholars. If your child is interested in one of the 97 careers that make up biomedicine please look into our new course offering. Next year we will begin with Intro to biomedical and then expand this pathway until there are four courses. Check out the flyer!
There are so many great happenings at HHS in the upcoming weeks. Be sure to check out the calendar and remember you are always welcome to all the great activities our kids are engaged in!
Haverhill High School – Newsletter 5.5.19
Haverhill High School – Parent Update April 28, 2019
MCAS Boost camp on Saturday was a huge success, please think about signing your child up or talking to them about this extra boost leading up to the test. For more info check out the newsletter.
HHS College and Career Highlight section of the newsletter will be back next week with a couple pages of scholars that have committed to a college or career. If your child has not completed a profile sheet please have them see Mrs. McArthur in the main office to pick one up.
With all the upcoming events I look forward to seeing you around campus.