Haverhill High School
Home of the Hillies!
The Mission of Haverhill High School is to produce self-directed learners who read, write, and speak effectively in Standard English and who apply analytical and technological skills to interpret information and problem solve.
FREE MEALS – ALL STUDENTS, ALL SCHOOLS
SY 2019-2020 Community Eligibility Provision
On September 10th we celebrated the success of our NAF Academy of Information Technology Senior class. We came together with peers, business mentors, staff, family and friends to learn about their summer paid internships and celebrate their successes. NAF students are required to complete a minimum 120 hour paid internship as a component to complete their NAFTrack Certification. We are so proud of our first cohort of AOIT students and know they will be successful as they move forward in the career path they decide to follow. Their internships will certainly help them as they make these important decisions over the coming year!
We would like to acknowledge the businesses and organizations who supported our students this summer:
Discovery Club and Access 21
HHS Website Development
Mocera, Visconti & Company CPAs
OwlStamp Visual Solutions
Physical Sciences Inc.
State Representative Andy Vargas
Tuesday October 1, 2019
8:20a.m.-9:08a.m. Grade 12 students who have last names A-L
9.13a.m.-10.01p.m. Grade 12 students who have last names M-Z
10:06 – 10:54 Grade 9 students who have last names A-L
11:29am – 12:17pm – Grade 9 students who have last names M-Z
Wednesday October 2, 2019
8:20a.m.-9:08a.m. Grade 10 students who have last names A-L
9:13a.m.-10.01a.m. Grade 10 students who have last names M-Z
10:06a.m.-10.54a.m. Grade 11 students who have last names A-L
10.59a.m.-11.47p.m. Grade 11 students who have last names M-Z
Access 21 Program is Now Accepting Applications!
Haverhill High School Calendar – Revised 7.25.19
Pending School Committee Approval
Haverhill High School Newsletter 7.23.19
I hope that this summer has provided you time to relax and catch up on your favorite hobby. This summer has provided the Haverhill High School staff time to reenergize, reflect and prepare for an exciting year. We look forward to welcoming our Hillies home for the 2019-2020 school year. The following attachment(s) will have information for upcoming HHS events. Look forward to seeing you soon.
If you know of someone who is not receiving this email please have them reach out to HHS so that we can correct their information in our student database.
Haverhill High School Summer Program 2019
Haverhill High School Summer Reading Lists 2019
Haverhill High School Newsletter June 9, 2019
This is the last official week of the 2019 -2020 school year. We will be following the Finals schedule that is located in the newsletter. Please make sure that your scholar returns any books to their appropriate teacher or library. This year we will be sending home bills for all kids in grades 9-11 that owe fees, lunch money, or materials to HHS. This was a practice that took place during senior sign out for all four years of high school, we thought kids might be able to find the items and return them if we completed this process at the end of every year.
HHS never stops and the newsletter will continue throughout the summer. There are so many happenings at HHS and we want to keep you up to date. The newsletter will come out every two weeks which will give us an opportunity to provide new content.
I hope that this year has met your expectations and know that next year will be even better!
2019 HHS Prom Timelapse Video
Discovery Club Summer Enrichment Program still has few spots available!
The program is offered to students currently in grades 5-12.
DATES AND TIMES
Monday – Thursday ✦ July 8– August 1, 2019 ✦ 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Haverhill High School
Summer program information and application is available on Discovery Club website.
Haverhill High School Graduation 2019
The weather is cooperating and graduation for the Class of 2019 is on for tonight at Trinity Stadium. We wanted to take a moment this morning to send a quick review of the schedule for this evening.
- Students arrive at 4:45 p.m. and report to the stands. Graduates will begin their walk at 5:55 p.m.
- Faculty and Administrators arrive by 5:15 p.m. and report to the scoreboard. Mr. Steinberg and Ms. Lobo will be escorting them to their seats at 5:45 p.m.
- Dignitaries arrive by 5:20 p.m. and report to the scoreboard (Gobbi Gate side). Ms. St. Clair will be escorting them to the stage at 5:40 p.m.
- Parking in and directly behind the stadium through Gobbi’s Gate is extremely limited. These spots are reserved for HHS administrators, Superintendent, Chief Academic Officers, Director of Special Education, Assistant Director of Special Education, School Committee Members, City Councilors, and State Representatives.
- For all others we encourage you to give yourself extra time for parking around the stadium.
- Handicap parking is located just outside of Gobbi’s Gate. This is available on a first-come first-serve basis. Drop off in this area is also available.
- Is reserved for our graduates, faculty and administrators dressed in their regalia. A quick reminder that high heels are not allowed on the artificial turf.
- All guests will be seated in the stands. Seating is available based on a first-come first-serve basis. Seating can accommodate 5000 guests. Guests do not need an invitation to enter the stadium. The stage has been moved closer to the bleachers and the view is spectacular!
- Seating for disabled guests is located in the first two rows of the stands. This is available on a first-come first-serve basis. Some areas have been reserved for those who need wheelchair accommodations.
- The Haverhill Public Schools will be live streaming the Class of 2019 Graduation Ceremony! Tune in to our Livestream page (link below) or watch on Facebook Live!
- HC Media will be live streaming Haverhill High School Graduation on HC Media Channel 22, as well as on their Facebook Live page. #HHS2019
Looking forward to seeing you this evening. Go Hillies!