Haverhill High School
Home of the Hillies!
The Mission of Haverhill High School is to produce self-directed learners who read, write, and speak effectively in Standard English and who apply analytical and technological skills to interpret information and problem solve.
Haverhill High School 2 Hour Delay
HAVERHILL PUBLIC SCHOOLS WILL BE HAVING A 2 HOUR DELAYED OPENING TODAY WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 13TH.
Our schedule will be:
Period A – 9:25-10:01
Period D – J will be normal times and lengths
Safe travels in Hillies!
Haverhill High School – Weekly Update 2.4.19
This is a another busy week for our scholars and families at HHS!
– Retakes for Biology MCAS
– Blackout for Cancer -February 5 – Come on out and support a great cause and get entertained by watching both Girls’ and Boys’ Varsity Basketball teams compete against Methuen.
– Check out the newsletter for all the great happenings this week and some of our award winning scholars!
Look forward to seeing you on campus.
Haverhill High School
HAVERHILL PUBLIC SCHOOLS WILL BE CLOSED TODAY WEDNESDAY JANUARY 30TH
Haverhill High School – Weekly Update 1.27.19
I hope that everyone had a relaxing and restful weekend. This newsletter has some great news for our scholars in regards to summer opportunities and college;
1) HEA scholarship
2) YMCA lifeguard training
3) Early College Admissions
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Haverhill High School – Newsletter 1.21.19
Haverhill High School – Update 1.13.19
Haverhill High School
Semester I Finals
HHS Semester I Final Exam Period
Reminder: The semester 1 final exam period will begin January 15, 2019, through January 18, 2019. The schedule is as follows:
Breakfast 7:00 a.m. – 7:25 a.m.
Announcements and Attendance –7:25 a.m. – 7:30 a.m.
1/15 – Period A-7:30-9:30 a.m. (Including 8th Grade Loop Program)
Period B- 9:45-11:45- Bus pick up 11:55 a.m.
1/16 – Period C- 7:30-9:30 a.m. (No Loop Program)
Period D-9:45-11:45- Bus pick up 11:55 a.m.
1/17 – Periods EF & FG -7:30-9:30 a.m. (No Loop Program)
Periods GH& HI- 9:45-11:45- Bus pick up 11:55 a.m.
1/18 – Period J- 7:30-9:30 a.m. (No Loop Program)
Bus Pickup 9:45 a.m.
Second Semester – Term 3 will start on January 22nd. 8th Grade Loop Program students will return as scheduled.
Q and A:
1. How much will this count toward their final semester 1 grade?
– Each HHS department has calculated the value of their exam. Please reach out to your child’s teacher.
2. Will breakfast and lunch be served?
– Breakfast will be served from 7:00 – 7:25. Following the finals scholars will be able to go into the cafeteria snack bar line and receive a grab and go lunch.
3. What is the process for making up a test if my child misses school?
– Finals must be taken on the day they are scheduled. In the rare circumstances that a child will miss their final a parent needs to contact their child’s Assistant Principal.
4. Will the Tutoring Center be open during finals?
– The Tutoring Center is closed during finals. It will be open to select students with scheduled appointments.
5. Will the late bus be running?
– The late bus will not be running.
6. Will Night School and Gateway programs run?
– Night School and Gateway will run. Gateway program start time will change to 2:30 January 15 – January 17.
7. What is the cell phone procedure?
– Cell phones are not permitted to be used at anytime during the testing session(s). Scholars will be asked to keep them away for the two hour window and leave them in the classroom if they need to leave the classroom. This is part of a protocol to ensure that scholars are not able to share answers or look them up.
8. What if my child finishes early?
– If your child finished their final early they are expected to remain in the classroom and work quietly until everyone has finished. We encourage them to bring a book to read,
study for upcoming final(s), and/or complete any end of the semester work they are making up.
9. What if my child is in a full year course?
– Scholars in full year courses which include Advanced Placement (AP), EMT and some CTE classes will have class during their assigned period.
10. May I call and dismiss my child?
– We respectfully ask that you do not dismiss your child during class time. We want to be respectful of all scholars and allow them uninterrupted time to complete their final.
11. What if my child has a study during on of the periods?
– If your child has a study they will be encouraged to make up work or study for future final(s). Check your child’s SchoolBrains grade book and encourage them to talk to their
teachers and see if they can complete any makeup work to demonstrate mastery of the standard(s).
Haverhill High School – Newsletter 1.6.19
This week’s newsletter has some important information regarding semester two schedules and Senior’s early action next steps. HHS is making great strides this year in strengthening the CVTE program and building out a Biomedical Pathway for our scholars. We look forward to your continued support and input in order to make HHS the school our staff and scholars deserve.
Attached to this email is also the Unified Sports fundraiser. Come out for a dinner at 5 Guys and support HHS Unified Sports on January 28th from 4-9. 15% of your bill will come back to support HHS Unified Sports.
Tomorrow at 3:00 PM is the HHS Site Council. Come by and lend your input as we discuss our schools next steps to engage our community and scholars in thinking about careers and college.
Haverhill High School – Newsletter 1.1.19
I hope that you all enjoyed a Holiday Season that brought you time with loved ones. In these times that are so fast paced, we often forget to take a moment and take stock of all the incredible things that are going on in our lives. I hope that 2019 provides you some time to do the things you most enjoy!
As we enter 2019, connect your child to the many opportunities offered at Haverhill High School. Haverhill is an outstanding school that is increasing its outreach to families so that they better understand the many college and career connections available to our scholars. If you have any questions or need to connect your child to a program or opportunity but are unsure of the process, please email me at email@example.com. I will make sure your email reaches the right person.
Again, I hope that 2019 makes your dreams come true and provides you with the opportunity to spend time with your loved ones.
Happy New Year,
Haverhill High School – Newsletter 12.9.18
Haverhill High School – Newsletter 12.3.18