The HHS School Counseling Department provides a variety of student and community based services including academic, career, and post-secondary planning, crisis intervention/resources, a comprehensive developmental guidance curriculum, individual and group meetings, as well as Parent/Guardian evening presentations. The Department seeks to accomplish the following goals:
- To provide consistent delivery of guidance services to every student.
- To work collectively to provide a safe, supportive environment that allows all students to effectively access the curriculum to their full potential.
- To provide individualized academic and career planning which allows students to gain the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to be competitive and capable in the 21st century global economy.
- To work with colleges/universities to assist students in making the most appropriate choices in academic planning.
- To assist in helping students develop increased Emotional Intelligence (EI) thereby increasing their capacity to deal with the stresses encountered in today’s society