Haverhill High School
Principal’s Weekly Update- May 24, 2018
We are so grateful to have been able to offer the late bus to students three days a week this year. Please note that the last late bus will run on Thursday, May 31st. Thank you to all the students who took advantage of this great opportunity.
Half Day Friday:
Reminder that this Friday is a half day for grades 9-11 for the Class of 2018’s Senior Chapel. Students will be released at 10:30. This half day session is for HHS students only it is not district wide. We will have period A, B, C and an abbreviated D on Friday. This is a half day for students only and a regular work day for staff.
No School Monday:
In addition, all staff and students are off on Monday, May 28th for the Memorial Day holiday.
Finals/Last Day of School:
The last day of school is scheduled on Friday, June 22, 2018. Finals are scheduled the last four days of the school year. Early release for students only.
7:25 Morning Announcements
Day 1: 7:30 – 9:30 – Per A
9:40 – 11:40 – Per B
Day 2: 7:30 – 9:30 – Per C
9:40 – 11:40 – Per D
Day 3: 7:30 – 9:30 – Per EF or FG
9:40 – 11:40 – Per GH or HI
Day 4: 7:30 – 9:30 – Per J
School Counseling Update
If you have question about guidance, please contact Jami Dion, Supervisor of Guidance K-12 @978-374-5700 ext. 1133 or via email @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seniors! Final transcripts will be sent to colleges after graduation. Seniors complete an exit survey during Senior Sign Out which alerts your counselor as to where this information should be sent. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your counselor!
- School Committee Scholarships are now available. Copies can be obtained in the Counseling office or on Naviance. Completed applications and all supporting documentation are due no later than May 25th. Late applications will not be considered.
Friday, May 25 Senior Report Cards Posted in the Portal
Friday, May 25 Chapel – HHS Auditorium – Students and Staff Only
- Report to assigned room in the 200s promptly at 10:30 a.m.
- CAP AND GOWN REQUIRED
- 10:50 a.m. Procession begins
- 11:00 a.m. Chapel Program begins – program lasts about 90 minutes
- Parents of Junior award winners invited.
Tuesday, May 29 Senior Prom – Castleton Banquet and Conference Center, Windham, NH
- Prom begins at 5:30 p.m. and ends at 10:30 p.m.
- Tickets on sale – April 23 – May 4 – $85.00 each – Room K30
Thursday, May 31 Graduation Practice – Trinity Stadium
- REPORT AT 8:30 a.m. SHARP
- Bring graduation number
- Wear sunscreen – we will be in the sun for a couple hours
- You will be given your yearbook at this time
- Rain date – Friday, June 1 – Time TBD
Thursday, May 31 Senior Banquet – Roma Restaurant, Bradford, MA
- 6:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m.
- Proper Dress Required
- Tickets on sale May 7 – May 18 and purchased from Mrs. McIntyre K30
Friday, June 1 Graduation – Class of 2018 – Trinity Stadium – 6:00 p.m.
- Report at 4:30 p.m.
- Procession begins at 5:45 p.m.
- Late arrivals will not be permitted to march in the procession once it begins
- Please note that high heels are NOT allowed on the Trinity Stadium artificial turf.
Have a wonderful Memorial Day week-end!
Beth Kitsos, Principal