Haverhill High School
Haverhill High School – Weekly Update 9.28.18
We would like to take a moment to thank the Haverhill community for the outpouring of support shown to us this past week. As we continue to seek understanding of this tragedy, we ask that you keep all of Hillie Nation and the Rankin family in your thoughts and prayers during the days and weeks ahead.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fall Spirit Week is here sponsored by the HHS Student Council!
Monday – Winter Holidays
Tuesday – Hawaiian Day
Wednesday – Color Wars – Each class wears a different color
Thursday – Decade Day
- Grade 9 – The 60’s
- Grade 10 – The 70’s
- Grade 11 – The 80’s
- Grade 12 – The 90’s
- Friday will be School Spirit Day – Wear your Hillie gear!
After School Band
After School Band meets every Tuesday from 2:15-3:30 in the band room. This class is for all HHS Band members currently enrolled in band and for all band members who were unable to fit band class into their schedules. All Band members will receive a half credit for successfully completing the requirements of the class.
There is also a late bus for those who need transportation home.
Free and Reduced Lunch Forms
A quick reminder that all Free and Reduced Lunch forms (New and Renewals) are due by Monday, October 15th. Please note that the 2017-2018 Free and Reduced Lunch Forms expired on Monday, October 15th. If you have not processed your form for the 2018-2019 school year, please do so immediately. Any questions please contact Zoraida Jordan in the Food Service Department at 978-374-3423.
Haverhill High School Site Council
Site Councils were established to advise the principal on management issues within the school building. A site council is a school building based committee focused on improving the school and plays a role in shaping the policies and programs of the school. The Site Council members are administrators, teachers, community and or business representatives, parents and students.
Haverhill High School will be holding the 2018-2019 Site Council meetings on the following dates:
2018: October 1, November 5, December 3
2019: January 7, February 4, March 4, April 1, May 6, June 3
Time: 3:00 p.m.
Place: 137 Monument Street, Haverhill, MA 01832
Main Entrance – Conference Room
The agenda for October 1, 2018:
- Welcome and Introductions
- Approval of the Minutes of the June 2018 Meeting
- HHS Mission – NEASC (Handout)
- HHS Staff Calendar (Handout)
- HHS Budget (Handout)
- HHS School Turnaround Plan Update
- November District Training Expectation
- Goals for FY19
If you are a junior, sophomore or freshman interested in traveling to England, Ireland and Scotland over April vacation in 2020, there will be an informational meeting with Mr. Lavieri and Ms. Heinrichs in room 213, after school Thursday October 4th.
Ultimate Frisbee will be on Friday, October 5th. Please meet in room F15 with Señor Elliott.
MEFA College Financing Seminar
Parents and students are invited to attend a free MEFA College Financing Seminar, which will be held on Thursday, October 11 at 6:00 p.m. This seminar is offered through MEFA (Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority), the Commonwealth’s experts on planning, saving, and paying for college. An experienced MEFA representative will provide an overview of the college financing process, including types of financial aid, how to apply, and financing options for your family. Before the seminar, be sure to visit MEFA’s website- www.mefa.org– to download a copy of the seminar presentation in English or Spanish and explore other tools and resources to assist you in the college planning process. There will be two sessions held simultaneously in English and Spanish. The English presentation will be held in the HHS Auditorium. The Spanish presentation will be held in the Main Office Conference Room.
Haverhill High School Late Bus – 2018-2019
- Start date: Tuesday, September 18, 2018
- Bus will run every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Bus will depart HHS promptly at 3:15 p.m.from the regular bus lanes.
- Students must have a LATE BUS PASS from their teacher in order to board the bus.
- Students are not allowed to roam the hall at the conclusion of their commitment.
- Student must sign inwith the administrator in room S13 prior to boarding the bus. (Sign in sheet and bus stop sheet)
- This is not a door to door service. Stops are centrally located throughout the city.
- LEAVES HHS AT 3:15 p.m.
- DUNKIN DONUTS – 614 BROADWAY
- VARIETY STORE – 864 BROADWAY
- RIVER STREET AT MICHAELS FUNTION HALL
- RIVER STREET AT JAFFARIAN MOTORS
- TILTON SCHOOL – 70 GROVE ST.
- LAFAYETTE SQUARE – IN FRONT OF CVS
- CITY HALL – 4 SUMMER ST.
- HAVERHILL STADIUM – LINCOLN AVE.
- CHARLIES VARIETY – 277 GROVELAND ST.
- MILLVALE ROAD AND EAST BROADWAY
- WINNEKENNI CASTLE – 347 KENOZA AVE.
- DUNKIN DONUTS – 407 AMESBURY RD.
- 10thAVE AND MAIN ST.
- 440 NORTH AVENUE
- SMILEY SCHOOL – 969 MAIN ST.
- 703 MAIN STREET
- FARRWOOD DRIVE – BRADFORD
- FARRWOOD DRIVE – BRADFORD
- DIBURRO’S FUNCTION HALL – 887 BOSTON RD
- ACADEMY LANES -725 SOUTH MAIN ST.
- OLD BRADFORD COLLEGE -320 SOUTH MAIN ST.
- RITE AID – 68 SOUTH MAIN STREET
Safety is the first priority of our school. Riding on the late bus is a privilege, not a right. Students are expected to follow and adhere to all bus rules. Any violations of our policies and rules by a student may result in the suspension of the student’s privilege of riding the late bus.
Upcoming Events – October 2018
Spirit Weeks Begins
Site Council – First meeting of the new year. All are welcome – 3:00 p.m. Main Entrance Conference Room
Term 1 Progress Reports Issued in Parent Portal
Last day for Juniors and Sophomores to sign up for PSAT’s in the Guidance Department
Class of 2019 – Class Picture Outside
Early Release – 10:30 a.m. – Staff Professional Development Day
Bonfire – HHS Track – 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Haverhill High School Students Only
Picture Retake Day – this includes all students who do not have a picture in our database.
Ultimate Frisbee Starts – Meet in room F15
Pep Rally – Juniors and Seniors Only – 1:15 p.m.
Homecoming Football Game – 2:00 p.m. – Trinity Stadium
No School – Columbus Day
PSAT 7:30 a.m. (Juniors and Sophomores who registered)
Access 21 – Robotics – After school program begins
Access 21 – Glee Club – After school program begins
Access 21 – Life Skills Enrichment – After school program begins
MEFA College Financing Seminar 6:00 p.m. Auditorium
Class Pride Day – Class T-Shirts
Homecoming Dance – 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. – Cafeteria
Haverhill High School Students Only
FY18 Free and Reduced Lunch Forms EXPIRE – All New and Renewed Due
Foreign Language National Honor Society – Induction Ceremony – Auditorium 6:00 p.m.
Supper Club with Faculty and Parents – 6:00 p.m. – Cafeteria
Zombie Dress and Draw – 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Auditorium Lobby
Academy Information Night 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Library, Mall, Cafeteria
Grades 6, 7, and 8