Haverhill High School
Haverhill High School – Weekly Update 10.12.18
We are concerned over the amount of students arriving to school late. This week we had the following:
October 9th: 192 Students late to school
October 10th: 152 Students late to school
October 11th: 176 Students late to school
October 12th: 164 Students late to school
We are asking parents and guardians for your help in reducing chronic tardiness by making getting to school on time a top priority.
Our morning schedule:
7:00 a.m. – Doors open to students
Three Morning Bells:
7:20 a.m. – Five Minutes until Period A Begins
7:23 a.m. – Two Minutes until Period A Begins
7:25 a.m. – Period A Begins – Students should be seated in class!
We thank you in advance for your partnership in this very important matter.
Free and Reduced Lunch Forms
A reminder to all Hillie families that the Free and Reduced lunch forms are due this Monday, October 15th. That includes the annual renewals. The ones approved last year will expire on the 15th if you have not submitted a new application. At some point in a lifetime, everyone faces hardships. Please do not hesitate to ask for help. The Free and Reduced lunch applications are available on our website, in the cafeteria and in the main entrance. If you have any questions please see Zoraida Jordan in the cafeteria.
From the Athletic Department
The fall sports seasons are past the halfway point and many of our programs are having great success. Here are just a few highlights…
- The girls’ swim & dive team has an impressive 5-1 mark and picked up recent wins over North Andover and Methuen.
- The girls’ volleyball team started the season with five straight wins and is now 8-3 on the year. The team needs just two wins in its last nine matches to qualify for post-season play.
- The girls’ soccer team has won four straight games, including a big 1-0 win over previously unbeaten Dracut. The Hillies are now 6-3-1 and will travel to Tewksbury on Saturday.
- The football team climbed back above the .500 mark with a win over Lawrence last week. The Hillies are 3-2 heading into a huge game at home tonight against Andover.
For all results, scheduled and more information on Hillie athletics, please visit www.haverhillhillies.com
This week we had 277 Hillies in grades 10 and 11 take the PSAT’s at HHS. Thank you to the Guidance staff for the successful preparation and execution! We know the students are eagerly looking forward to getting their results back!
Academy Night – Grades 6, 7, and 8
Academy Night is just around the corner scheduled on October 24th from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. It will be starting in the library and move to the mall and cafeteria. We invite all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students to join our Haverhill High School faculty and students for an information event! This is open to all middle school parents and students regarding our academies and extra curricular opportunities at Haverhill High School.
On Wednesday, October 17th from 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m., Haverhill High School will be presenting our first potluck dinner called “Supper Club”. Students and parents are encouraged to bring their favorite dish and to see some of the GREAT work that Haverhill High School students are completing in their classes. Child care will be provided. This event is free and will be located in the HHS cafeteria. Sign up at https://goo.gl/48T8Fo .
School Counseling Update
- AP exam deposits and any remaining AP Student Agreement and Expectations forms are due on October 31st. Any student enrolled in AP course(s) must submit a $45 deposit per exam. The completed forms should be submitted directly to AP teachers and AP payment can be turned in to the School Counseling Department. Payment may be made in the form of cash or check (payable to Haverhill High School). Please contact Mrs. Breslin or Ms. Cannon with any questions or concerns.
Information for Seniors
- Attention Class of 2019! If you have November 1st deadlines you must submit your Transcript Request Form to your counselor no later than Monday, October 15th. Failure to submit your transcript request forms could delay the release of your school application materials.
- College admission representatives are visiting HHS this fall. All scheduled visits are listed in Naviance under the “Colleges” tab. Students can sign up to meet with a college representative directly through Naviance or by signing up in the counseling office. Students must sign up a minimum of one day in advance and will receive a pass to attend this appointment in their first period class. Representatives from the following institutions will visit during the week of October 15th: Roger Williams University, Springfield College, Nichols College, Saint Joseph’s College, Westfield State University, UMass Boston, and the University of Southern Maine.
Upcoming Events – October 2018
Homecoming Dance – 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. – Cafeteria
Haverhill High School Students Only – $5.00
FY18 Free and Reduced Lunch Forms EXPIRE – All New and Renewed Due
Foreign Language National Honor Society – Induction Ceremony – Auditorium 6:00 p.m.
Picture Retake Day – 8:00 a.m. – Auditorium – Students will be called down.
Mock Trial Club – Room M12 at 2:15 p.m.
Supper Club with Faculty and Parents – 6:00 p.m. – Cafeteria
Academy Information Night 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Library, Mall, Cafeteria
Grades 6, 7, and 8
Italian Club will be meeting on Tuesday, in room K13.
Zombie Dress and Draw – 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Auditorium Lobby