Haverhill High School
Haverhill High School – Update 1.13.19
Haverhill High School
Semester I Finals
HHS Semester I Final Exam Period
Reminder: The semester 1 final exam period will begin January 15, 2019, through January 18, 2019. The schedule is as follows:
Breakfast 7:00 a.m. – 7:25 a.m.
Announcements and Attendance –7:25 a.m. – 7:30 a.m.
1/15 – Period A-7:30-9:30 a.m. (Including 8th Grade Loop Program)
Period B- 9:45-11:45- Bus pick up 11:55 a.m.
1/16 – Period C- 7:30-9:30 a.m. (No Loop Program)
Period D-9:45-11:45- Bus pick up 11:55 a.m.
1/17 – Periods EF & FG -7:30-9:30 a.m. (No Loop Program)
Periods GH& HI- 9:45-11:45- Bus pick up 11:55 a.m.
1/18 – Period J- 7:30-9:30 a.m. (No Loop Program)
Bus Pickup 9:45 a.m.
Second Semester – Term 3 will start on January 22nd. 8th Grade Loop Program students will return as scheduled.
Q and A:
1. How much will this count toward their final semester 1 grade?
– Each HHS department has calculated the value of their exam. Please reach out to your child’s teacher.
2. Will breakfast and lunch be served?
– Breakfast will be served from 7:00 – 7:25. Following the finals scholars will be able to go into the cafeteria snack bar line and receive a grab and go lunch.
3. What is the process for making up a test if my child misses school?
– Finals must be taken on the day they are scheduled. In the rare circumstances that a child will miss their final a parent needs to contact their child’s Assistant Principal.
4. Will the Tutoring Center be open during finals?
– The Tutoring Center is closed during finals. It will be open to select students with scheduled appointments.
5. Will the late bus be running?
– The late bus will not be running.
6. Will Night School and Gateway programs run?
– Night School and Gateway will run. Gateway program start time will change to 2:30 January 15 – January 17.
7. What is the cell phone procedure?
– Cell phones are not permitted to be used at anytime during the testing session(s). Scholars will be asked to keep them away for the two hour window and leave them in the classroom if they need to leave the classroom. This is part of a protocol to ensure that scholars are not able to share answers or look them up.
8. What if my child finishes early?
– If your child finished their final early they are expected to remain in the classroom and work quietly until everyone has finished. We encourage them to bring a book to read,
study for upcoming final(s), and/or complete any end of the semester work they are making up.
9. What if my child is in a full year course?
– Scholars in full year courses which include Advanced Placement (AP), EMT and some CTE classes will have class during their assigned period.
10. May I call and dismiss my child?
– We respectfully ask that you do not dismiss your child during class time. We want to be respectful of all scholars and allow them uninterrupted time to complete their final.
11. What if my child has a study during on of the periods?
– If your child has a study they will be encouraged to make up work or study for future final(s). Check your child’s SchoolBrains grade book and encourage them to talk to their
teachers and see if they can complete any makeup work to demonstrate mastery of the standard(s).