Haverhill High School
Haverhill High School – Free and Reduced Lunch Forms
HHS is looking to update our records in an effort to provide better supports for our scholars. Attached to this email you will find free/reduced lunch forms. While these forms can provide reduced and no cost breakfast and lunch there are so many more school based opportunities that your child may be eligible to receive reduced costs.
WHO CAN GET FREE OR REDUCED PRICE MEALS?
- All children in households receiving benefits from MA SNAP, MA TAFDC or specific categories of Medicaid are eligible for free meals.
- Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals. Whether placed by the State child welfare agency or a court, in order for a child to be considered categorically eligible for free meals, the State must retain legal custody of the child.
- Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
- Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.
- Children may receive free or reduced price meals if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals if your household income falls at or below the limits on this chart attached.
Even if your child claims they do not eat lunch it is still important that every year this form is filled out. This process is used to determine eligibility for reduced fees in many other school based programs;
– Athletic Fees
– SAT and AP exam fees
– All school based programs and opportunities
Please send your child in with these forms and have your child hand them into the main office if you meet any of the criteria in the attachments.